all along the western front....
people line up to receive....
she got the power in her hands....
to shock you like you won't believe....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

concrete jungle where dreams are made of.....

So i made the move to Sydney.... its lovely.... it's big and she is one pretty city.....
Every morning on my way to work i walk past the city views, and i want to scream good morning sydney...... i guess i'd fit in with some of the local residence who do the same.... but i dont scream it, i mutter it under my overcoat as i walk past the thousands of busy train commuters and students on their way to UTS....
As a photographer one of the things i notice most is the people..... Sydney has an array of culture unlike any other Australian city and i LOVE it.... The colours, shapes, ages and diversity of this city's people is beautiful... i find myself hiding behind my oversized sunnies watching people, how they interact with each other, expressions from the faces of children...

I met a old man at central station asking for money, for a bottle of water. We had a chat and i asked if he were 'nunga', i believe the term used here is 'Kuri' - which is another word for Aboriginal... i asked because i felt i had seen his face before and you know what i had in the faces of so many 'nunga' children i have worked with and admired back in Adelaide... I gave him $2 and he bought a bottle of water with it....


I am still not settled but it will happen....
There is too much going on for me in this city...

I look out the window of my office and its raining..... i wish spring would hurry up.... i want to take shots of cherry blossoms and frame them in large prints on my wall.... so cliche...

warm weather and picnics..... please hurry up.

No comments:

Post a Comment